Wednesday, July 10, 2013

bicycle shool






 
Yesterday I went to bicycle school.
The teachers were old men.
When we got to bicycle school we got our nametag to put in the bike.
We had to get the right size bike and helmet.
When everyone one was ready we had to watch a video of what we are going to do.
When the video was over we had to learn the name of some parts of the bicycle.
Then we learned how the stop the bike from rolling away.
Then we were seperated into groups.
I was with a boy and 3 adults(the bicycle school is for adults as well.)
We had to go on the left side of the bike and walk with the bike around in a circle.
Then we had to go into one course and sit on the bike (the pedals were taken off) and use our legs to move the bike down the hill.
We had to slide our legs back.
Then we kept on doing that untill one of our teachers told us to lift our legs up this was to help us balance.
Then we had to lock the bike so the bike doesn't roll away and add the pedals on and  practice pedaling without moving.
Once we were good at that you start to go down hill and pedal.
I had to bring my legs in and pedal harder.
Once I got that I had to cycle normally arond in a circle.
I had to swap bikes because the one I was using was to small for me.
The bigger bike was heavier so when I start the bike I have to bring the pedal to the top and push untill the bike moves enough for my left leg to start to pedal.
Then I went in a bigger circle where you can pedal anywhere you want.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment