Saturday, May 18, 2013

Swimming



 
One of my hobbies is swimming. So I have to practice it like all hobbies.
I go to  Barracuda Castle Park to practice swimming.
Swimming is one of my favourite things to do, but I only like free swim.
Swimming is on of the ways to get fit,(which is one of the reasons I'm doing swimming.)
Another reason is because I only do school sports and don't do any other sports so that is why I do Barracuda.
Swimming is one of the events in the Olymics.Swimming includes:swimming togs, hat, goggles and fins there is more stuff
but those are the main things for training (at least at my swimming club.)
There is loads of strokes in swimming but the main 4 are freestyle or frontcrawl,backcrawl, beststroke and butterfly.
Brestroke is a based on a frog and the bottom half of butterfly is like a mermaid except a bit faster or just like a dolphin.
In swimming you can can do tumbleturns, handstands and dances.
Diving is also included in swimming, if you are terrible at diving like I was there is only one thing to say
Practice diving like I did that is the only way to get better at things.
You can also play games in the pool to help you get better at things like doing races with the waddle
( the big floaty thing you're able to sit on,)balls and divings sticks you sometimes use hula hoops.
Swimming at the sea is very dangerous as you could drown or swim to far that a dangerous animal can aproach you.
Here are some safety tips on water safety: always swim in between the red and yellow flags,
if the water is dangerous at some points there will be a red flag to tell you no swimming at this area.
if you need help stick your hands in the air and shout for help to the lifeguard.Don't swim to far that you won't have the
energy to swim back.Don't go where your parents can't see you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment